Saturday, July 26, 2014

Always learning...
Or
Step down before you fall down...


So I had a great week of training last week - improvements in squatting and bending but I knew by Friday that I was pushing a bit into my recovery ability.
On Monday I decided to squeeze in a workout...

Note to self:  If it has to be forced it might be best not to do it.

7/21/2014
Prep - ASLR and Brettzel
24 kg Get-up x 1+1 (+ armbar and crooked arm bar and bridge at the elbow and hand)
24 kg Goblet Sq x 1
24 kg Alt swing x 10

Squat -
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 2 x 5 sets

Bending -
60d x 2
Grade 5 bolt x 1
Grade 8 bolt x 1 and a partial
60d x 1

I knew after the first Grade 8 bolt that I had not fully recovered from bending on Thursday and I couldn't finish the second G8.
Squatting didn't feel bad but I "felt" 315 more than usual.

So the big lessons:
If it has to be forced it might not be a good time to do it.
Step down before you fall down - always have to walk the line between maintaining a training momentum and over-reaching.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive